Began operations as Hwayo Garments Manufacturers Company, a sole propietorship manufacturing ladies garments and wholesaling the finished products to departmental stores.
Expanded into the textile trading.
Entered the retail industry with the company's pioneer brand, PADINI.
Children wear was launched under MIKI brand.
All brands have switched from wholesaler to consignor.
- Seed label was established to distribute contemporary fashion.
- ROPE label was created.
Home Stores Sdn Bhd was established as a holding company for the Group's retail, wholesale and manufacturing business.
- Home Stores Sdn Bhd was changed to Padini Holdings Sdn Bhd.
- First of the Group's single brand retail store - SEED opened at Sungei Wang Plaza.
Padini Authentics was established.
Padini Holdings Sdn Bhd became Padini Holdings Berhad, a public company listed by shares.
Padini Holdings Berhad was listed on the Second Board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (now Bursa Malaysia).
- PDI joined the family of brands under the Group.
- The first of the Group's multi-brand shops, the Padini Shop, opened in City Square of Johor Bahru. The 11,000 square feet store showcased merchandise from Padini, SEED, PDI, Vincci, P&Co and ROPE. Today (as of 2013), there are 25 of these concept stores nationwide.
- A new brand, P&Co, was launched in the second half of the year.
- The Group ventured into the food and beverage industry with SEED Cafe.
- Began operating the first foreign Vincci store in Brunei.
- PADINI was relaunched as a career wear brand for men and women. ROPE was merged under the concept PADINI.
- Vincci ventured into Thailand.
- Vincci grows its regional presence by expanding into the Philippines and Saudi Arabia.
- Padini Holdings transfer of listing and quotation into the Main Board of Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (now the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia).
- Vincci entered into Indonesia, United Arab Emirates and Cambodia.
- First of our value stores, Brands Outlet was opened in December.
- Vincci+, Vincci Accessories and Brands Outlet all debuted within the year.
- Oman welcomes its first Vincci store.
- Padini Group was recognized as one of Malaysia's Top 30 Most Valuable Brands and valued by Interbrand at RM245 million.
- Vincci ventured into Syria.
- Vincci entered Qatar and Pakistan.
- Vincci expands its presence abroad by adding stores in Bahrain, Egypt and Morocco (North Africa).
- Padini Group was recognized as one of Malaysia's Top 30 Most Valuable Brands and valued by Interbrand at RM260 million.
- Vincci opened its first store in Mynmar.
- Vincci was awarded Putra Most Promising Brand of the Year at Putra Brand Awards.
- Signed Franchise Agreement with PT Gilang Agung Persada, regarding VNC franchise in Indonesia.
- Tizio, a new brand was launched in November.