WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not and will not sell any of your information, including your name, address, email address or credit card information, to any third party. However, we do share your information with selected third parties so that we can provide you with our products and services, send you marketing information, and improve our business as described below.
- If you consent to us doing so for the purpose of receiving marketing information;
- For the purpose of group analysis and commercial information, in order to improve our products and services.
We will also use a number of carefully selected third parties to help us deliver products, services and marketing to you. In particular, we will / may disclose your information to:
- Companies that assist us to fulfil the transactions to you, such as payment providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, web hosts and other third parties, who provide services to help us by tailor its marketing activities tailored to you;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies approved by you, such as social networking sites, including companies like Facebook and Google; and
- Companies that act as our agents, contractors or professional consultant.
We will provide aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers to third parties, and before doing so, we will ensure that it does not identify you. We will only share your information with third party providers as necessary for them to provide us with the services we have requested.
We may disclose your information to other companies in connection with any merger, acquisition, insolvency situation or otherwise, in which case we will only disclose your information so far as is necessary.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties such as law enforcement agencies to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL PADINI COLLECT?
PADINI may collect the following personal information from users of the Website and mobile apps when the user visits the Website, mobile apps, registers, places an order online, contacts PADINI or participates in PADINI promotions or questionnaires, which may include but not limited to:-
- Name and gender
- National registration identity card number
- Race and religious beliefs
- Postal address and telephone number
- Email address
- Medical information
- Salary range
- Contact preference
- Debit or Credit card information or bank account information including but not limited to the name of card holder card number, billing address and expiry date
- Recording of calls placed by you to our customer services
- Other personal data relevant to registration and/or provisioning of your account, surveys, promotions and/or other purposes.
In all cases, the details requested via the Website or mobile apps are necessary to provide an optimal service to the user. In cases where the user does not provide the requested details, PADINI cannot guarantee that the information and services provided will fully satisfy their needs.
WHEN WILL PADINI COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We will/may collect personal data about you:
- While you register and/or use our services or platform, or open an account with us;
- While you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- While you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- While you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails, including when you interact with our customer service officer;
- While you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers or promotions done internally or via an appointed third parties;
- While you use our electronic services, or communicate with us via our application or use services on our platform. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- While you authorize your device to share information with our application or platform;
- While you connect your PADINI account to your social media or other third party accounts or use other social media features, in accordance with the provider's policies;
- While you carry out transactions through our services;
- While you provide us with comments or complaints;
- While you submit your personal data to us for any reason whatsoever;
- From such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
The foregoing is by no means exhaustive and outlines some of the common circumstances under which personal data about you may be collected.
HOW DOES PADINI USE MY PERSONAL DATA?
We use the information that we collect to improve the content of our Website or mobile app by incorporating information that is relevant to our customers, to notify customers about updates to our Website or mobile app, to contact customers for marketing and sales purposes that are related specifically to their needs and interests and to communicate with our partners and franchisees. This information is not shared with other organizations for any reason, commercial or business, without your prior explicit consent.
By assessing this Website or mobile app and/or clicking the corresponding box, you expressly, freely and unequivocally accept that your details will be treated/used by PADINI for the following purposes:
- Improve the shopping experience;
- For marketing and promotional activities, market surveys, questionnaire, trend and statistical analysis;
- Process your online orders, including the sending of e-mails and/or text messages to inform you of delivery status;
- Process order returns & refunds;
- Manage and maintain your account at padini.com & mobile apps;
- Contact you if there is any problem with any of your orders or for other logistical reasons;
- Respond to your queries, comments or feedbacks that you have submit to us;
- Send you commercial information by e-mail, SMS or MMS to inform you of new products, new store locations, special offers and news relating to the Website and/or PADINI and its affiliated companies in general, Newsletters and catalogues;
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or our affiliates;
- To produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that dies not identify you as an individual;
- To conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transaction with us;
- For the maintenance and upkeep of customer records;
- For credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
- To administer participation in any competition, contest/program, offers and promotions related to the public organized by us;
- For security and crime prevention purposes, risks management, safeguarding PADINI in the event of any claim, litigation, suits etc;
- For handling the report for lost item, customer complaints and taking appropriate action relating thereto;
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities;
- For any other grounds [Personal Data collected will correspond to such grounds or reasons].
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF MALAYSIA
It may be necessary, if so required for any of the aforesaid purposes to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside Malaysia or to disclose to our related corporations, licensees, franchisees, business partners, service providers and/or the relevant authorities, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your Personal Data to locations outside Malaysia in these instances. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
WHAT HAPPENS WITH LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES OR MOBILE APP?
If you use communities, blogs, or chat rooms on PADINI Website or mobile app, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, and used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. PADINI is not responsible for the Personal Data that you choose to submit in these forums.
We, or our authorized service providers and advertising partners, may from time to time use "cookies" or other features that enable us or third parties to collect or share information about your use of our Services or our Platform. These features help us improve our platform and the services we offer, help us offer new services and features, and/or enable us and our advertising partners to serve more relevant content to you, including through remarketing. "Cookies" are identifiers stored on your computer or mobile device that record data about your computer or mobile device, how and when the services or platforms are used or accessed, how many people are present and other activities on our platforms. We may associate cookie information with personal data. Cookies also indicate information about the products you choose to buy and the pages you visit. This information is used to track your shopping cart, deliver content tailored to your interests, enable third-party advertising partners to advertise on websites on the Internet and analyse data, and allow the use of service monitors.
YOU’RE RIGHTS UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010:
As an individual, you have the following rights under PDPA:
1. You have the right to be informed whether Personal Data pertaining to you shall be, are being or have been processed.
2. You have the right to be furnished the following information before the entry of your Personal
Data into our processing system, or at the next practical opportunity:
- Description of the personal data to be entered into the system or our work processes;
- Purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
- Scope and method of the personal data processing;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed;
- Methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by you, and the extent to which such access is authorized;
- The identity and contact details of our Company or our representative;
- The period for which the personal data will be stored; and
- The existence of your rights, i.e., to access, to correct, to request for a copy of, to request to update, and to withdraw (in full or in part) consent to process your Personal Data held by us, as well as the right to lodge a complaint before the Personal Data Protection Commissioner.
Any personal data supplied or declaration made to you on these matters shall not be amended without prior notification to you.
3. To the extent that the applicable law allows, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct and withdraw (in full or in part) of your consent given previously) in relations to your Personal Data held by us.
You have the right to have reasonable access, by notice in writing, to the following information:
- Contents of your personal data that were processed;
- Sources from which personal data were obtained;
- Names and addresses of recipients of the personal data;
- Manner by which such personal data were processed;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the personal data to recipients;
- Information on automated processes where the personal data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect you;
- Date when your personal data were last accessed and modified; and
- The designation, or name or identity and address of the data user.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve our rights to rely on any statutory exemptions and/or exceptions to collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
4. You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal data and have the Company correct it accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
5. You have the right to suspend, withdraw (in full or in part) or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal data from our filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal data are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
PADINI takes the necessary precautions, both administrative and technical, data security technologies such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptographic mechanisms to prevent and safeguard your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, usage, alternation or destruction. Furthermore, all transactions via the Website or mobile app will be performed via secure payment systems. Confidential payment details are transmitted directly in encrypted format (SSL and/or TLS) to the corresponding entity.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND ACCESS
PADINI will not knowingly collect Personal Data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose Personal Data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child. The definition of "child" or "children" should take into account applicable laws as well as national and regional cultural customs.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you may at any time withdraw your consent to PADINI processing any Personal Data of yours or to any part or portion of the same by sending to PADINI at the address set out below a written notice of withdrawal and within the period prescribed under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. PADINI shall take all necessary measures to stop the use of your data for any or all of the above purposes and delete your data, to the extent that such withdrawal does not conflict with any of PADINI’s other legal obligations.
You may follow the link below to request for deletion of your registered personal data with PADINI: https://padini.com/AccountDeletion
If you do not wish to have your personal data shared with any other party, or if you do not wish to be solicited for products or services offered by PADINI or any other parties including third parties, kindly inform us in writing at the communication information as given below.
You shall, upon written request, be granted access to all personal data held or stored or processed by PADINI. To avoid confusion, “access” for the purposes of this provision shall mean notification of such personal data of yours that is processed by or on behalf of PADINI and to have a copy of such personal data communicated or conveyed to you in an intelligible form of PADINI’s choosing.
INTEGRITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is kept up to date. We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose Personal Data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You may at any time make a written request to PADINI to correct any personal data of yours that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out-of-date and PADINI shall, upon receipt of your written request for correction(s), take all necessary measures to give effect to such correction(s).
Questions and Comments
PADINI DOT COM SDN BHD (Company No. 510558-H)
No. 19, Jalan Jurunilai U1/20, Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Customer Service: +603 5021 0600
We trust that you will consent to the processing of your Personal Data. By providing your Personal Data to us, you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein. Thanks again for visiting our Website and for placing your trust in PADINI.